Modern English Drama, Rev Ed 1950, Ernest Reynolds
Modern English Drama A Survey of the Theatre from 1900, Rev Ed 1950 was written by Ernest Reynolds with a Foreword by Allardyce Nicoll. It is illustrated with 15 half-tone plates.
Starting with the architecture of the theatre, the author discusses the Literary Drama (Stephen Phillips, Flecker, Drinkwater, Yeats, Synge, Arden, Macneice), the Drama of Ideas (Shaw, Galsworthy, St. John Ervine, Pinero), and the plays of O'Casey, Priestly, Bridie, Noel Coward). Throughout the history , Reynolds explores the musical stage and revues, with special attention to opera and ballet.
A ten page listing of British theatres adds to the importance of this history of the English drama during the first half of the 20th century.
The book is in good condition--no marks or tears, strong binding--marred only by browning pages, the name of a previous owner on the flyleaf and a little discoloration and shelf wear at the top and bottom of the spine. The dust jacket has borne the brunt of its years with serious tears and rough usage.
The book measures 5 1/4 inches by 8 inches by 3/4 inch and has 240 pages.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.