Modern Turkish Drama, Edited Talat Sait Halman, 1976
Modern Turkish Drama, An Anthology of Plays in Translation, edited and introduced by Talat Sait Halman,1976, includes plays by the best modern Turkish dramatists:
Ibrahim the Mad by A. Turan Oflazoglu,
Dry Summer by Necati Cumah,
The Ears of Midas by Gungor Dilmen (Kalyoncu),
The Ballad of Ali of Keshan by Haldun Taner.
It also features a 20,000 word (approx.) essay on "The Evolution of Turkish Drama" by the editor plus a bibliography and biographies of the included playwrights.
This hardcover book is in fair condition, scuffing on the spine ends. Dry Summer has numerous one-word marginal comments and underlines; The Ballad of Ali of Keshan has one marginal comment, and the name of a previous owner is on the flyleaf. The binding is firm and strong. The book measures 6 1/4 inches by 1 1/4 inches by 9 1/4 inches. There are 415 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.