Native Americans as Shown on Stage 1753 to 1916, 1988 Eugene H. Jones
Native Americans as Shown on Stage 1753 to 1916, 1988 by Eugene H. Jones researches American theater from Le Pere Indien in 1753 to The Heart of Wetona in 1916 to explore the use of native Americans.
How did playwrights in America, English as well as Americans, treat the indigenous people of America in their plays. Here is an informative answer based on an analysis of about 300 plays presented in a general historical chronology.
The commentary with a strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion is valuable for its approach to history, sociology and literature. It includes a bibliography.
This green hardcover book is in near mint condition, a very gently used review copy. There is no dust jacket. It measures 5 1/2 inches by 8 3/4 inches by 3/4 inch and has 209 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.