Negro in American Theatre, 1947 Edith J. R. Isaacs
The Negro in the American Theatre, 1947 by Edith J. R. Isaacs assesses and illustrates AfroAmerican Theater Activity, the Federal Theater Project and the Theatre Arts Magazine from the early years of the l9th century to mid-20th century. It is beautifully and generously illustrated with 54 photos.
Edith Isaacs (1878-1956) was the editor of Theatre Arts Magazine from 1922 through 1946. A prominent figure in the theatre, she was active in the establishment of the American National Theatre and Academy and the Federal Theatre Project.
This first edition book measures 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches by 1/2 inch with 143 pages and is a seminal if relatively brief history of the contribution of Black Americans to the development of American theatrer.
It is in very good condition, although it has no dust jacket and shows some shelf wear and handling. Its 54 glossy photos, many full page, are impressive. In fact, the entire book is printed on glossy paper.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.