New York City Theater Programs 1946 Set of 5 1940s Playbills
New York Theatre Season 1946: Enduring shows, audience favorites:
- Oklahoma! Howard Keel in Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical, St James Theatre
- Life with Father Howard Lindsay & Russel Crouse's adaptation of Clarence Day's memoir, Bijou
- Billion Dollar Baby musical, Betty Comden & Adolph Green, choreography by Jerome Robbins, Alvin
- Hats off to Ice Sonja Henie production, Rockefeller Center Ice Theatre
- The Green Years Charles Coburn, Hume Cronin, Jessica Tandy and more well known actors, Radio City Showplace
Illustrated ads of the day - fashion, lingerie, perfume, and some that would be illegal or censored as politically incorrect today - will delight collectors of vintage ephemera, 1940s aficionados, and American social historians of mid- 20th century America. ( Ideal for collage art, scrapbooking, framing.)
1946, yes! World War II was over and New York Theaters celebrated! Service men were returning home, and these shows welcomed them with smiles, music and laughter.
Condition: The 4 stapled traditional theater Playbills are in good condition except for Showplace Radio City Music Hall, a single sheet fold-out which shows its age.