Nine Plays by Eugene O'Neill Selected by author. Introduced by Joseph Wood Krutch 1954
Nine Plays by Eugene O'Neill, Nobel Prize winning American Dramatist, were Selected by the author, Introduced by Joseph Wood Krutch and very soon after O'Neill's death in 1953. O'Neill stated that in selecting these plays as best representative of his work he was guided not only by his own preferences but by the public reaction, both American and foreign, to the published and produced plays.
The plays are in chronological order as written:
The Emperor Jones, 1920
The Hairy Ape, 1921
All God's Chillun Got Wings, 1923
Desire Under the Elms, 1924
Marco Millions, 1923, 1924, 1925
The Great God Brown, 1925
Lazarus Laughed, 1925, 1926
Strange Interlude, 1926, 1927
Mourning Becomes Electra, 1929, 1931
Joseph Wood Krutch's introduction epitomizes the approach of contemporary critics toward both the work of O'Neill and pre-World War II American drama.
This book is in fair condition. There is little shelf wear, but the dust jacket is torn and abused at the edges. The binding is beginning to tear at the flyleaf; otherwise, the binding is firm and strong. There is a name on the back of the front cover, and several of the plays have marginal marks. The pages are slightly browned with age. The book measures 5 1/2 inches by 2 inches by 8 1/4 inches and has 867 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.