Nineteenth Century Plays, 1953 Edited George Rowell
Nineteenth Century Plays, 1953 was edited with an Introduction by George Rowell in the World's Classic series and, being very popular, was reprinted at least four times. And the prices vary considerably.
The ten plays selected provide a great picture of 19th century English drama. Tom Taylor's Ticket-of-Leave Man with Hawkshaw the detective and villain James Dalton ("Curse you, Jack Dalton!") was extremely popular.
The hardback copy is in good firm condition, strong binding, no tears and a scuff-free exterior, thanks to a slightly ragged dust jacket. The book, however, has three plays that are well underlined: Black-Ey'd Susan, Lady Audley's Lover and The Ticket-of-Leave Man.
The book measures 3 3/4 inches by 6 inches by 7/8 inch. It has 567 pages.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.