One Act Plays By Modern Authors, 1921 Edited Helen L. Cohen
One Act Plays By Modern Authors, 1921 is an illustrated antiquarian book - a collection of 16 plays edited by Helen L Cohen with an emphasis on the early times of the Little Theatre Movement.
- This 100 year old hardcover drama anthology includes:
- The Boy Will by Robert Emmons Rogers
- Beauty and the Jacobin by Booth Tarkington
- The Pierrot of the Minute by Ernest Dowson
- The Maker of Dreams by Oliphant Down
- Gettysburg by Percy MacKaye
- Wurzel-Flummery by A. A. Milne
- Maid of France by Harold Brighouse
- Spreading the News by Lady Gregory
- Welsh Honeymoon by Jeannette Marks
- Riders to the Sea by John Millington Synge
- A Night at an Inn by Lord Dunsany
- The Twilight Saint by Stark Young
- _____ of the Two Strangers by Lady Alix Egerton
- The Intruder by Maurice Maeterlinck
- Fortune and Men's Eyes by Josephine Preston Peabody
- The Little Man by John Galsworthy
A substantial introduction describes the writing process of the one-act play, the theaters in which they were performed, and their place mainly in colleges and university theaters.
This ex-library book is firmly bound; the pages are age related sepia tone and show some stains. Except for a librarian's information penciled on the title page, there are very few markings, and the pages are not creased or torn. The gold embossed brown leather library binding is worn on the spine. A previous owner's name is written on the flyleaf, and remnants of two bookplates remain on the inside front cover. A library label is attached to the back flyleaf.
Each play has a two page enlightening introduction.
Measuring 7 1/4 inches by 5 inches by 1 1/2 inches, this book has 342 pages and is iIllustrated with 10 B & W photographs.