Our American Cousin, 1990 Tom Taylor (1817-1880)
Our American Cousin The Play That Changed History, 1990 was written by English playwright Tom Taylor (1817-1880). In American history it is the play that Lincoln was watching when he was assassinated.
- "A Note on the text" explains the version of the play printed here.
- A lack of any copyright protection for American playwrights prior to 1891 explains the history of the play script.
- Book has four pages of prized photographs of contemporary scenes and people.
- Historical Introduction by Welford Dunaway Taylor.
- A bibliography and in Appendix C a contemporary poem from Punch, May 6 1865.
The First Edition paperback book is in good, firm condition without marks or tears. The well designed illustrated cover is of slick, sturdy paper, and the text is only damaged with slight foxing and a bumped, turned upper right corner.2
The book measures 6 inches by 9 inches by 1/4 of an inch and has 104 pages.