Plays of American Life and Fantasy, 1929 Collected by Edith Isaacs.
Plays of American Life and Fantasy, Collected by Edith Isaacs in 1929 is a Hardcover anthology of 18 American Dramas representing a "phase of American character or a bit of the American scene."
All plays had been published previously in Theatre Arts Monthly and written by American dramatists, some of whom became famous in the history of American drama such as Eugene O'Neill, Paul Green and Zoe Akins.
An introduction by Edith Isaacs presents a powerful argument for the publication of such plays, for the place of a living and active theater in American cities and for the existence of an American drama in the developing culture of American painting, poetry and fiction. This is still an early time in the slow creation of an American art and the encouragement of American artists. With this collection and her introduction Edith Isaacs sounds that clarion call for an American theater for which she dedicated her considerable intellect and energy throughout her life.
This book is in good vintage condition--browned pages, strong binding, no tears or marks except for a bookplate on the reverse of the front cover and a signature of that book owner on the flyleaf. Slight shelf wear. The book measures 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 and has 448 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.