Poetry From Statement to Meaning, 1965 Jeome Beaty and William H. Matchett
Poetry From Statement to Meaning, 1965, written by Jeome Beaty and William H. Matchett, seeks to develop a reader's sensitivity to poetic meaning first through an analysis of particular poems and then by an exploration of images, analogies and sound in poems.
The authors' assumption is that poetry usually goes beyond prose statement to a "poetic meaning," a meaning that is more emotionally and intellectually stimulating than the stated prose.
It is part of an argument that is forever with us--and well presented.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.