Prefaces to Contemporaries (1882-1920), William Dean Howells, 1957 George Arms William Gibson Frederic Marston, Jr.
Prefaces to Contemporaries (1882-1920) written by William Dean Howells was published by Scholars' Facsimiles & Reprints in 1957 as edited by George Arms, William M. Gibson and Frederic C. Marston, Jr.
These facsimile reproductions from the original printed format are a unique way to suggest the atmosphere at the time of the writing. The editors provide an introduction and a biographical note to illuminate the Prefaces.
During his lifetime Howells published 33 Prefaces and one appeared in print after his death. The pictures with this offering show the complete Table of Contents.
This book is in excellent condition, marred only by a name on the flyleaf and the natural browning of the pages. The book measures 5 5/8 inches by 8 5/8 inches by 3/4 inch and has 200 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.