Progressive Word Studies 7th & 8th Grades, 1st edition 1927. J N Hunt
Progressive Word Studies, 1927 by J N Hunt is a basic Spelling Book for 7th and 8th Grade students in the late 1920s. It provides lists of words, pronunciation guides, phonic symbols and their uses and for help in using words in context.
You will be surprised at what you may learn from looking at this book. Schools in America do not teach this kind of word study information anymore. Can you diagram a sentence? Shame on us!
This a collector's book with this beginning quoted advice for 7th graders: "Take care you never spell a word wrong. Always, before you write a word, consider how it is spelled; if you do not remember it, turn to your dictionary." Thomas Jefferson
Other than the stain on the cover, the book is in good condition: very firm in binding, no tears or markings. There is some age discoloration to the pages and shelf wear. It measures 5 inches by 7 1/2 inches by 3/8 of an inch.
This book ships First Class!
NOTE! This work by Mr . Hunt must have, in one printing, been more inclusive and also included spelling exercises for lower grades because this publication for 7th and 8th graders only begins pagination on page 161 and the book ends with page 232. There is no indication in the book that it is partial reprint of a longer book, but it remains a curious book--perhaps just a printer's attempt to save money by using printing electrotypes from a previous publication rather than having new electrotypes made!!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.