Representative American Dramas National and Local 1941 Edited Montrose Moses Revised Joseph Krutch
Representative American Dramas National and Local , 1941 was edited by Montrose Moses and revised by Joseph Krutch. It has 22 Plays, 1894 to 1937.
This collection was one of the first anthologies used by immediate post WWII students interested in American literature, and it remains the most representative text for this period--plays written from 1894 to 1937.
This old and standard collection of American plays, a rare book now, represents a distinct attitude toward American literary history. As time passes, college professors of American literature have seriousy narrowed their views of American drama before Eugene O'Neill in 1920 and then skip easily to the mid-2oth century plays of Tennessee Williams and Arthur Miller.
This copy is in firm vintage condition. Other than a name and a date written on the flyleaf and two notes on page 3 there are no markings, and there are no tears, just browned pages throughout, some foxing and a very faded spine, difficult to photograph, which is also scuffed. There is some shelf wear and a final folded flyleaf.
It measures 5 3/4 inches by 8 3/4 inches by 1 3/4" and has 1041 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.