Representative Plays, 1926 J. M. Barrie
Representative Plays With an Introduction by William Lyon Phelps, 1926 by J. M. Barrie is a collection of 6 of Barrie's plays. The plays are:
The Admirable Crichton
What Every Woman Knows
The Twelve-Pound Look
The Old Lady Shows Her Medals
The introduction by Professor Phelps of Yale fame (an ego celebrated and earned) is worth reading for both pleasure and impressive perceptive comment. Phelps states that Barrie as a genius cannot be classified; he is simply himself. (I show a photo of the first page of Prof.Phelps' introduction.)
The book is in good condition, a library copy protected by a cellophane slip cover. The library indicates that this book was withdrawn. The text of the plays is clean, no marks, no tears, strong binding. Only the Introduction shows some underlining.
The book publishing page shows that the plays were copyrighted in 1926 and renewed in 1954, There is no indication as to when this copy was published, evidently shortly after 1954.
The book measures 5 1/4 inches 7 1/4 inches by 2 inches. There are 439 pages, some browning.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.