Robert Hunter 1666 - 1734 New York's Augustan Statesman, 1983 Mary Lou Lustig
Robert Hunter 1666 - 1734 New York's Augustan Statesman, 1983 a biography by Mary Lou Lustig reveals the Dramatist, Poet and Satirist governor of Colonial NY and NJ.
Mary Lou Lustig follows Hunter's Anglo-American career from the Glorious Revolution in England through his military and administrative experience as governor-general of New York and New Jersey and his accomplishments as a poet and playwright to his death in Jamaica.
In American drama history Hunter was the author of "Androboros," the first play printed in America, a biting satire on political conditions in New York and worthy of comparison with the writings of Jonathan Swift (a friend of Hunter).
This book is in very good condition. It has a little foxing on its pages but no marks. It is generously illustrated with more than a dozen full page portraits and maps. The dust jacket is in excellent condition with only slight signs of wear. It measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 1/4 inches by 1 inch and has 277 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.