Rule of Reason and the Ruses of the Heart, 1970 Remy G. Saisselin
Rule of Reason and the Ruses of the Heart A Philosophical Dictionary of Classical French Criticism, Critics, and Aesthetic Issues, 1970 by Remy G. Saisselin clarifies some of the assumptions that underlay French art and literature during its Classical Period --from about 1630 to 1860 or beyond, for some scholars, to 1800.
Combining serious attention to terms and concepts in French culture and the biographies of twenty (20) major participants, this study has its place in select libraries!
This copy is in very good condition, protected by a dust jacket that shows shelf wear with rough edges but is still well intact. No marks, no tears, no damage to the text. Very slight foxing, Signs of age in browning, but strong, clean, in good shape.
The book measures 6 inches by 9 1/4 inches by 1+ inch and has 308 pages including bibliography. No index.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.