Seashore Electric Railway Kennebunkport, Maine Souvenir Ticket No. 923202 Issued 1960s.
Souvenir Ticket No. 923202 "patterned after trolley transfers typical of the 1890's," was issued for rides on the historic railway starting from the terminal on U. S. 1 at Arundel, Maine. From the information on the ticket it was issued in 1960.
Although the rail line is gone, the important thing is that the Seashore Trolley Museum, founded in 1939, is still operating in Kennebunkport. You learn from this ticket that the railway is owned and operated by the New England Electric Railway Historical Society, a non-profit educational foundation incorporated in Maine in 1941 and "solicits your support."
The back side of this ticket No. 923202 has seven small pictures of people--women, men, bearded and smooth shaven--which are described as "pictures punched indicates type of passenger." There are also thirty cities listed from Maine to California plus Canada and England, from which you could transfer to the Seashore Electric Railway in Kennebunkport, Maine. On this reverse side the twelve months of the year are listed with years progressing from 1960 to 1971.
I don't pretend to understand all that is on this souvenir ticket, but for the train enthusiast or casual tourist to Kennebunkport, Maine there will be something of interest at the "World's Oldest and Largest Railway Museum."
The ticket is in very good condition--no writing, no tears, just an old ticket!!! A souvenir! It measures 2 inches by 5 1/2 inches.
This item ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.