Sixteen Famous American Plays, 1941 Ed. Bennett Cerf and Van Cartmell Modern Library
Sixteen Famous American Plays, 1941 edited by Bennett Cerf and Van Cartmell for The Modern Library is the best collection in all aspects of American Drama between the two World Wars. Complete and unabridged plays, the book is introduced by Brooks Atkinson.
- The plays included are:
- They Knew What They Wanted, Sidney Howard
- The Front Page, Ben Hecht and Charles MacArthur
- The Green Pastures, Marc Connelly
- Biography, S. N. Behrman
- Ah, Wilderness! Eugene O'Neill
- The Petrified Forest, Robert Sherwood
- Waiting For Lefty, Clifford Odets
- Dead End, Sidney Kingsley
- Boy Meets Girl, Bella and Samuel Spewack
- The Women, Clare Boothe
- "Having Wonderful Time," Arthur Kober
- Our Town, Thornton Wilder
- The Little Foxes, Lillian Hellman
- The Man Who Came to Dinner, Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman
- The Time of Your Life, William Saroyan
- Life With Father, Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse
This First Edition hard cover copy is in good condition. There are no marks or tears and the binding remains in firm condition. Only at the final page does the binding begin to show a crack, and all pages are slightly browning. Although the dust jacket is surely ragged, it is still doing its duty and without major tears.
The book measures 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches, and it has 1049 pages.
You might also like: https://prosperolane.com/products/24-favorite-one-act-plays