3 South East Asian Plays, 1970 University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
South East Asian Plays, a paperback,1970 includes plays, all comedies, from Malaysia. The four page introduction describes each play in detail--plots, dramatic qualities and production.
"Si Kabayan" by Utuy Sontani, an Indonesian playwright, is a one-act comedy relying on village humor. It is translated into English for the first time by Adibah Amin.
"Visitors at Kenny Hill" by Usman Awang is also translated by Adibah Amin. Awang, a self-taught dramatist, was at this time one of the better known writers in the Malay language, mainly as a poet.
"Son of Zen" a full length play by Lee Jog For was translated by the author. With its Kuala Lumpur production n 1968 it achieved a minor sensation and was produced at the Loft Theatre in New York a few months later.
According to the writer of the introduction this is the first collection of Malaysian plays translated into English. The paperback is 113 pages long and in good vintage condition, handled and with pages slightly yellowed but without markings or tears and with a strong binding. It measures 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 1/2 inch.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.