Stanislavski and America An Anthology from the Tulane Drama Review, 1967 Edited Erika Munk
Stanislavski and America An Anthology from the Tulane Drama Review, First printing 1967, is edited by Erika Munk with an Introduction by Richard Schechner.
The photos show the Contents.
This collection of essays from the Tulane Drama Review's special issues of September and December 1964 explores "The Method" and Its Influence on the American Theatre.
As stated, "In 1923 the Moscow Art Theatre toured this country. After the tour some members of the company remained to teach the theories of Stanislavski -- -- and the American Theatre was never the same again."
This valued little paperback, prepared and introduced by Munk and Schechner, is a basic text for anyone interested in understanding the beginnings of modern American theater.
This copy is in good condition. It is still strongly bound and has no marks or tears. It is 50 years old, however, and shows its age by slight scuffing on the top and bottom binding and edges and in the graying of the pages. Someone marked about a third of the viewed top of the book with blue something. Probably a library, no real damage.
The paperback measures 4 inches by 7 inches by 5/8 inch and has 270 pages.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.