Studies in the Arab Theater and Cinema, Jacob M. Landau, 1958 First Edition
Studies in the Arab Theater and Cinema ,1958 by Jacob M. Landau is the first Western study of Arab theater and the relevant culture of the Near East.
This study is divided into three parts: The Background, The Arab Theater, and The Arab Cinema. The Background discuses Mimicry, the Passion Play called the Ta'ziya, and The Shadow Play. The Arab and Cinema are discussed historically from beginnings to the present.
There is also a bibliography, a list of some Arabic plays, 1848-1956, and a list of abbreviations.
This book is in good condition. The dust jacket shows some shelf wear, and the book proper, well protected by the dust jacket, shows some browning of pages and handling. There are ten photographs. The book measures 5 3/4 inches by 1 inch by 8 1/2 inches and has 290 pages.
It is a First Edition,
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.