Tewfik Al-Hakim Plays: Tree Climber, 1966; Fate of a Cockroach & Other Plays, 1973
Tewfik A-Hakim (1902-1987) helped bring Egyptian dramatic literature into world prominence. The Tree Climber, 1966, and Fate of a Cockroach and Other Plays, 1973, all plays translated from Arabic by Denys John-Davies, represent Al-Hakim's best work.
The Tree Climber, "an unusual play of murder and philosophy takes place in a suburb of modern Cairo," 1966, is a paperback measuring 4 1/2 inches by 7 1/4 inches and has 87 pages. The binding is strong although it has been read and studied. No tears but lots of comments and underlining.
Fate of a Cockroach and Other Plays, 1973 , also includes The Song of Death, The Sultan's Dilemma and Not a Thing out of Place. All of the ;lays in both books were written since 1960. This paperback measures 4 3/4 inches by 7 1/4 inches by 3/8 inch and contains 184 pages. The Fate of a Cockroach has many comments, but the rest of the book is clear and the binding is firm.
Tewfik Al-Hakim is a major 20th century Egyptian Dramatist. The Tree Climber, 1966 and Fate of a Cockroach are two of his best known plays with English-speaking audiences.
Both paperback plays by Al-Hakim are firmly bound although worn as vintage texts and have frequent marginal notes.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.