The Flowering of New England 1815-1865, 1936 by Van Wyck Brooks
In The Flowering of New England 1815-1865, published in 1936 Van Wyck Brooks establishes the glory of Boston with such personalities as Gilbert Stuart, Longfellow, Emerson, Hawthorne, the experiment at Brook Farm and the agonies of Slavery.
Revealing a rich understanding of that time of literary activity in New England, Brooks shows the promise of a vibrant literature for the new nation. From the accomplishments of Gilbert Stuart, the growth of Harvard College and those distinguished writers associated with Boston and Cambridge Brooks tells the inspiring story that still fascinates.
This 530 page book is in fair to good condition and measures 5 1/2 inches by 1 3/4 inches by 8 1/8 inches. A little shelf worn, the book shows only a beginning weakness at the binding at the top separating pages 546 and 547.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.