The Greatest Generation, 1998 Tom Brokaw
The Greatest Generation, 1998 was written by Tom Brokaw. As the title suggests, it is about people, and Brokaw wrote it as a tribute to these people-"an American family portrait album." Well illustrated!
- It is a book that Americans of any generation should take off the shelf and look at every so often. Perhaps "the greatest generation," certainly a distinctive generation--so gung ho, so determined, and so happy and hopeful in August of 1945. You see it in the pictures -- of the lucky ones who came home.
It presents a portrait and the story of America and of American people who existed for a number of years, but now that America and its American people have disappeared--perhaps forever. And as time passes it becomes increasingly difficult to understand or even to describe that country and those people.
This book is in excellent condition. Just a little foxing beginning to appear. It measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1 1/4 inches and has 412 pages .
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.