The Man Who Presumed, 1957 Byron Farwell
The Man Who Presumed A Biography of Henry M. Stanley, 1957 was written by Byron Farwell to explore the background of this very accomplished man whose question to Dr. Lilvingstone made his name a household word around the world.
Its lively prose is added to with six pages of glossy photos of people and maps plus a glossary of African and Arabic words.
Stanley fought on both sides of the American Civil War but was not an American; he was knighted by Queen Victoria and served in Parliament but was not an Englishman; he built an empire for the King of Belgium but was not a Belgian. Find some answers in this book!
This book is in good condition with a slightly torn dust jacket protected by clear plastic. The book is firmly bound with no tears and no marks other than a Christmas greeting to its first owner in 1957. A slight browning of pages goes with its age.
It measures 5 3/4 inches by 8 1/4 inches by 1 1/2 inch and has 334 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.