Theater & Propaganda, 1978 George H. Szanto
Theater & Propaganda, 1978 by George H. Szanto proposes "to analyze the nature of integration propaganda" (as opposed to "agitation propaganda") as a tool of the dominant class in society and to examine the unconscious propagandistic methods that saturate dramatic presentation.
Szanto proposes an intriguing approach which the chapter titles (see photos) explain. \
Defining propaganda as "activated ideology," Szanto has a probing thesis which, of course, has always been part of theater. Remember Horace's dictum: To teach and to delight.
This copy is in fair to good condition. Two of its chapters and the appendix have been seriously underlined and noted. The binding is strong as new, and other than noted there are no marks and no tears anywhere, a clean copy. The dust jacket has several tears near the top and reverse, but is colorful and whole.
The book measures 5 3/4 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 7/8 inches, and it has 226 pages.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.