Theatres of the Left 1880 - 1935, 1985 Raphael Samuel, Ewan MacColl, Stuart Cosgrove
Theatres of the Left 1880 - 1935 Workers Theatre Movements in Britain and America, 1985 was organized and written mainly by Raphael Samuel with help from Ewan MacColl and Stuart Cosgrove. It includes a narrative by Tom Thomas, 1977, founder of the WTM, and numerous valuable Historical Documents.
Building on the stated comment that "theatre, as the most public of the arts, is second cousin to politics," this book, part of the History Workshop Series, provides an invaluable basis for a knowledge of Left Wing theater in Britain and America.
Raphael Samuel (1934-1996) was a highly regarded British Marxist historian; Ewan MacColl was "the first real revolutionary" Samuel had ever met.
This paperback copy is firmly bound, far superior to most paperback publications, and is in very good condition, clean throughout the text and without tears. Only the back of the cover suffers from scuffed ink marks. The book measures 5 3/8 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 1 1/8 inches and has 364 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.