Theory of Drama in Ancient India, 1964 by Dr. R. L. Ahuja
The Theory of Drama in Ancient India, 1964 by Dr. R. L. Ahuja, published by The Indian Publications, Ambala Cantt.,argues the need for the Western world to study India's Natya Sastra.
The topics include:
The definition of drama
The nature of drama
The function of drama
The elements of drama
Ancient drama and religion
Religious drama and popular play
Drama as a folk art
Play instinct of man
Drama as a literary art
The little hardcover book has seven or eight small check marks in its margins. Otherwise, except for some shelf wear to the spine the book is in very good condition.
This appears to be the only edition and printing of a rare and significant reference volume. This thin volume of 56 pages is 5 inches by 7 1/2 inches.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.