Three 1930s Postcards Bushkill Falls Niagara of Pennsylvania and in Laurel Glen
1930s Postcards, "In Laurel Glen Bushkill Falls The Niagara of Pennsylvania," "Hand-colored," plus 2 more ordinary printed cards of Buskill Falls are all souvenir art cards in autumn colors.
The printed text on the Laurel Glenn card reverse reads "Published by C. E. Peters, Bushkill, PA. Post Cards of Quality - The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, N.Y." and "hand-colored Post Card."
The two "Bushkill Falls" are printed by A. B. Wyckoff, Stroudsburg, PA and labeled "C.T. art Colortone" Reg. U.S. Pat.Off. Made only by Curt Teich & Co, Inc. Chicago.
These three collectible American souvenir post cards, 5.5 inches by 3.5 inches, were never used and are in good vintage condition. The natural colors are impressive, and the matte finish is clean, unmarked and without creases. There is some light discoloration around the borders and on the backs, and the corners have very slight bumps, as shown in the photos.
Historical perspective: At Bushkill Falls in Northeastern Pennsylvania, the headwaters of Bushkill Creek bubble up through rifts in the primeval rock of the Pocono Mountains and descend to the Delaware River, moving with increasing speed toward Bushkill Falls, pouring over Pennell Falls and rushing through Upper Canyon and Laurel Glen. Dropping over a 100 foot cliff of the Main Falls, the water then falls 70 feet through a boulder strewn gorge. Bushkill Falls was opened to the public by Charles E. Peters in 1904 as a simple attraction. Still owned by the Peters family, the site offers beautiful scenic views from its many bridges and trails.
As cottage chic decor, these color postcards will be lovely Americana and Pennsylvania momentoes, either in a small frame or as part of a collection of memorabilia or ephemera.
This item ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.