To Be Young, Gifted and Black, 1971 Robert Nemiroff
To Be Young, Gifted and Black, 1971 is a "Portrait Of Lorraine Hansberry In Her Own Words" adapted to the stage by Robert Nemiroff, her husband.
- Lorraine Hansberry (1930 - 1965) wrote an informal autobiography which she publlshed as To Be Young,Gifted and Black, words which she had once spoken in frustration. They have become prophetic in describing a general dissatisfaction among black Americans.
- With her first play , A Raisin in the Sun, Hansberry became the youngest American, the first woman, and the only black playwright to win the New York Drama Critic's Award for the Best Play (1959).
This paperback book is in good firm condition, staple bound with no marks or tears--accept a library's imprint. The book contains "production" and "important" notes before the play text and Property and Costume Plots, scene designs and sheet music following the play.
The book measure 5 inches by 7 inches by 3/8 inch and has 118 pages.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.