To-morrow, 1912 Percy Mackaye First Edition.
Percy MacKaye's To-morrow, an American drama, first edition 1912 considers the recent discoveries of Mendel and the new "science of eugenics" as it begins "to influence art and popular feeling."
- To-morrow explores the "science of eugenics" through the lives of Peter Dale "a Plant breeder," his daughter, a state senator and a biology professor
- Mackaye (1875-1956) predicts the repercussions that parental choice can have in the social institution of marriage--repercussions that have surely appeared100 years later.
In his Preface to the play, written at his home in Cornish, New Hampshire, MacKaye discusses his theme
- "the racial meanings of childhood," and
- the "opportunity of children as the creative instruments of a happier to-morrow."
This hardcover copy, with gold leaf printing on the beige cloth cover, is in fair to good condition. There is a name and date 1911 on the front flyleaf; the back flyleaves have been folded, but the binding is secure and the text is unmarked. The cover shows its 100 years of wear on the edges, turned corners and scuffing, as the pictures show.
- This rare early 20th century copy of the play will become increasingly interesting to a biologically focused 21st century population.
This book measures 5 1/8 inches by 7 1/2 inches by 3/4 inch. It has 176 pages.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.