Three Sanskrit Plays, 1981. Sakuntala, Rakshasa's Ring, Malati and Madhava Translator Michael Coulson
Translated by MIchael Coulson, Three Sanskrit Plays, 1981 includes "Sakuntala" by Kalidasa, "Rakshasa's Ring" by Visakhadatta and "Malati and Madhava" by Bhavabhuti plus a Guide to Pronunciation with a glossary of terms and names and a substantial Introduction to Sanskrit drama (pp. 9 through 24). Each play also has an introduction.
India's classical Sanskrit drama dates from the years 350 to 750:
This paperback copy, Penguin Classics, is in good vintage condition. No tears or marks; pages are slightly browned with age, but there is little sign of use and all pages are clear. Measuring 5 inches by 7 1/4 inches, the book is 430 pages long.
This book ships First Class!
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.