Tyrone Guthrie, In Various Directions A View of Theatre, 1965
Tyrone Guthrie's memoirs In Various Directions, Portraits, Tributes, Trends: A View of Theatre appeared in1965. Guthrie discusses his view of theater--ritual and classical--and entertainment with detailed reference to five Shakespearean plays, Thornton Wilder's world, TV and university theater, three particular actors, his personal approach to theater and, as he says, "Other Public Pleasures."
The book is valuable as a revealing look at a distinguished director's approach to his theater world. It includes eight selected illustrations.
This copy is in good condition--no tears , no marks, although the dust jacket shows ragged edges. It measures 5 3/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 1 inch and has 221 pages. It is a first edition, first printing.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.