Western Theatre Revolution and Revival 1984 Patti P. Gillespie and Kenneth M. Cameron
Western Theatre Revolution and Revival, 1984 by Patti P. Gillespie and Kenneth M. Cameron employes new historical methods to discuss Western theater history in four periods:
The Classical Facade Stage (534 BC to 476 AD)
The Theatre of Simultaneous Emblem (965 to 1650)
The Theatre of Illusionism (1350 to present)
Pluralism and Beyond (1890 to 1960)
A constant theme throughout is Revolution and Revival! Dozens of figures, charts, sketches, maps and photographs distinguish this presentation.
There are more than 50 charts presenting:
Lists of Roman Festivals having Dramatic Entertainments,
Permanent English Playhouses from 1575 to 1650,
Leading Figures in European Realism other than Drama,
Leading Managers and Performers in 18th century America!
Put this abundance of information with a carefully crafted approach to Western theater history and you have a distinctive theater history.
This First Edition hardcover book is in near excellent condition, firmly bound, no marks, no tears, colorful permanent cover, some browning of pages. It measures 8 1/4 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1+ inch and has 576 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.