William Saroyan, 1983 David Stephen Calonne
William Saroyan My Real Work is Being,1983 by David Stephen Calonne is a full-length study of one of America's most thought-provoking dramatists. The sub-title says it all.
This is a first edition hardcoverwith a Foreword by Dickran Kouyjian.
Saroyan's plays tell his story and foretell the commercial critic's lack of appreciation. The play titles explain his singular approach to living: The Time of Your Life (1939), My Heart's in the Highlands (1939), The Beautiful People (1939). As one character says: "I believe in dreams sooner than statistics."
In his Preface to Don't Go Away Mad (1949) he wrote: " I seem to insist that people are good, that living is good, that decency is right, that good is not only achievable but inevitable--and there does not appear to be any justification for this." It is nice to know that this belief is still held by some people.
This book is in very good condition, dust jacket and text. It measures 6 1/4 inches by 8 1/4 inches by 3/4 inch and has 185 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.