Word Mysteries & Histories, 1986 Editors of the American Heritage Dictionaries
Word Mysteries & Histories From Quiche to Humble Pie, 1974 assembled by the editors of the American Heritage Dictionaries is illustrated by Barry Moser with a Foreword by Robert Claiborne
- It is essentially a humorous dictionary about English words and their origins, guaranteed to tickle your fancy and stimulate your curiosity while teaching your something.
- The numerous illustrations add to the understanding which dictionary compilers have as a constant objective.
The book is in good condition with a dust jacket that has fulfilled its duty of protecting the book and remained clean in the process. Pages are showing some age browning, and there are signs of library ownership but remarkably little shelf wear.
The book has no tears, only library marks and a strong binding. It measures 6 1/4 inches by 9 11/4 inches by 1 inch and has 308 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.