Yankee From Olympus Justice Holmes and His Family, 1944 Catherine Drinker Bowen, Biography
Yankee From Olympus,1944, the biography of Justice Holmes and his Family, was written by Catherine Drinker Bowen because she saw him as "a man who believed in justice and the United States of America, worked for his country with all of his might on the Supreme Court and had a good time doing it."
This is a story of a "great American." The son of Oliver Wendell Holmes, one of Boston's most witty and memorable poets and lecturers, Justice Holmes became perhaps our most memorable and astute Supreme Court Justice, memorable as a "dissenter" and far more.
This book is firm, unmarked and without tears, albeit with pages browned by age. Its dust jacket is ragged and torn but still colorful and good to have with the book. There are eight pictures. The book measures 5 3/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches and has 475 pages.
Order Processing Estimates:
- Our in-stock items normally ship within 1 to 3 business days after we receive your order.
- Vintage items
- Commercial supplies
- Made to order items usually require 2 to 5 business days for us to create and prepare your purchase for shipping.
- Handmade home decor (copper dishes, wall hangings)
- Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations
- Handmade supplies
- If your order will take longer for us to process or create, we'll let you know in advance.
Unless otherwise noted, we ship via United States Postal Service.
- Orders to addresses in the USA ship via USPS first class or priority mail, depending upon the weight of the item and/or your chosen method.
- For shipping to other destinations, please inquire.